Chef's Table Experiences
Enjoy a gourmet, coursed dining experience with wine pairings in the comfort of your own home. Each dish and accompanying pairing have been thoughtful curated by Five Star chefs and vintners.
Chef’s Table Experiences will be prepared and delivered for enjoyment on Saturday, September 18, 2021. Each dinner includes five courses and four wines and gives purchasers the ability to select an appetizer, salad and entrée course from our gourmet offerings. All meals will include a set tapas course and dessert trio as well as a set wine pairing for the first four courses.
For more than 30 years, Five Star Sensation has provided critical support for UH cancer care. On behalf of the patients and families we are grateful to serve, thank you for your support! If you have any questions, please contact Holly Gibson at 216-844-5837 or Holly.Gibson@UHhospitals.org.
Chef's Table Experiences
- Dinner and wine pairing for 4-6 people
- Four (4) bottles of wine included; one (1) per course with the exception of dessert
Sous Chef Dinner
- Dinner and wine pairing for 8-10 people
- Eight (8) bottles of wine included; two (2) per course with the exception of dessert
Chef's Table Experiences Courses
Key: Gf (gluten-free); V (vegan); Veg (vegetarian)
Please reference the photo gallery below when making your menu selections. Photos illustrate our gourmet offerings after reheating and prep.
Please note: All meals will arrive ready to be reheated for your guests on Saturday, September 18, 2021. Minimal preparation is required for some dishes and will be noted in the included instructions. Course selections will accommodate full guest count. No substitutions with the exception of vegetarian entree requests. No alternative delivery dates will be offered. Exact timing of delivery will be determined closer to September 18. Meals are best served upon delivery and should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Tapas Course
An Array of Grilled and House Pickled Vegetables, Fruits, Nuts, Crispy Bread, Assorted Cheese, House Made Dips and Jams (Veg).
- Appetizer Course (choice of one)
- Lamb Chop Milanese Lollipop Puttanesca Relish
- Chestnut Agnolotti (Veg) Pasta Squares, Black Truffle Cream, Borettane Onion, Pecorino Cheese
- Lobster Pierogi Caramelized Leek, Sherry Cream
- Albondingas (Gf) Spanish Meatball, Smoked Paprika Sauce, Manchego Cheese, Harissa Yogurt
- Salad Course (choice of one)
- Local Greens (Gf, V) White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Classic Caesar Romaine Hearts, Focaccia Crouton, Shaved Parmesan
- Fatoosh (Veg) Arugula, Naan Bread, Cucumber, Tomato, Mint, Lemon Vinaigrette
- Main Course (choice of one)
- Lobster Ragout Lobster, Halibut, Mussels, Clams, Cannellini Beans, Tomato Broth, Saffron Aioli
- Barolo Short Rib (Gf) Celeriac Horseradish Puree, Pot Roasted Vegetables, Barolo Wine Demi-Glace
- Lamb Osso Bucco Moroccan Jus, Fire Roasted Vegetable Cous Cous, Mint Gremolata
- Crab Stuffed Cedar Plank Salmon (Gf) Roasted Tomato, Fingerling Potato, Frizzled Leeks, Charred Broccolini
- Pan Roasted Cauliflower (Gf, V) Cauliflower Puree, Chimichurri, Toasted Almonds
- Dessert Trio Course
- Chocolate Gateau (Gf) Crème Anglaise, Shaved Chocolate
- Raspberry Frangipane Raspberry Compote
- Lemon Curd Mousse Saltine Crumble, Blueberry
Frequently Asked Questions
For specific inquiries, please email Holly Gibson at Holly.Gibson@UHhospitals.org
- If I have a dietary restriction, food allergy or sensitivity, can I still participate?
Yes. Our menus feature vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options. Our Five Star chefs are also able to accommodate food allergies and sensitivities as part of your order. Please note these specifically upon purchase.
The vegetarian entrée offered will be Pan Roasted Cauliflower which consists of cauliflower puree, chimichurri and toasted almonds. This dish is also vegan and gluten free.
- How many servings are included with my dinner?
All courses for Sous Chef dinners will serve ten (10) guests. All courses for Sommelier dinners will serve six (6) guests.
- Will my dinner arrive fully cooked and prepared?
All meals will arrive ready to be reheated for your guests. Minimal preparation such as re-heating a sauce or boiling a pasta is required for some dishes and will be outlined in the instructions included upon delivery.
Written instructions and accompanying photos will be provided for preparation and plating. These will detail step-by-step instructions on how to reheat and plate each dish. There will be a phone number provided on the instructions that you may call with any questions that evening.
- Can I choose multiple selections for the appetizer, salad or entrée course based on my dinner size?
No. All appetizer, salad and entrée selections will accommodate the full guest count of the dinner size purchased – ten (10) guests for the Sous Chef dinner and six (6) guests for the Sommelier dinner.
The only customization accepted are individual servings of a vegetarian entrée requests. For example, if you select the Sous Chef dinner size and select the Lamb Osso Bucco entrée, but have a one (1) guest who is vegetarian, you can request one (1) vegetarian entrée serving with your dinner. Your dinner would arrive with nine (9) servings of Lamb Osso Bucco and one (1) vegetarian entrée serving. These requests should be noted in the “Menu Notes” text section upon checkout.
- Can I have my dinner delivered on a different date, rather than Saturday, September 18, 2021?
No. All meals will be delivered on Saturday, September 18, 2021 with no exceptions.
It is also recommended that all meals be prepared and consumed on Saturday, September 18. Dishes should be consumed within 24 hours.
- How much wine will be included with my dinner?
Eight (8) bottles will be included with the Sous Chef Dinner; two (2) to accompany the tapas, appetizer, salad and entrée courses. Four (4) bottles will be included with the Sommelier dinner; one (1) to accompany the tapas, appetizer, salad and entrée courses. Dessert wines will not be included.
Our longtime Five Star vintner partner, Vintage Wine Distributor, will be selecting the wine pairings for each course. It will be a mixture of both red and white wines.
Learn about Five Star Sensation
Bite Back Campaign
May - September
One donation, two ways to support. Half of your gift will benefit UH Seidman Cancer Center, and the other half is yours to use at a participating Five Star restaurant.
Chef’s Classic Golf Outing
Monday, September 20
Held at Barrington Golf Club in Aurora, offering golfers gourmet cuisine on-course.