From chairs to fellowships, endowments provide permanent, annual support to University Hospitals. Endowed gifts are a wonderful way for individuals or a family to honor a particular physician and they support groundbreaking clinical trials, educational opportunities and the latest, cutting-edge treatments.
Creating an Endowment
There are several ways to establish an endowment:
- Chairs - provide a recurring income stream for leading-edge research and innovative practices;
- Master Clinician - recognizes our leading physician-scientists;
- Endowed Directors - recognizes medical professionals in leadership positions;
- Fellowships - provide assistance in our ongoing efforts to recruit young, highly talented physicians to UH;
- Funds in support of a particular area of UH.
Establishing an endowment supports UH during a donor’s lifetime and for generations to come, ensuring your generosity will forever be a guiding force in our success. To establish an endowment fund, please contact the Director of Gift Planning, Patricia Fries, at 216-844-0430 or patricia.fries@UHhospitals.org.
Endowments directly impact the lives of
our patients and their families.
The Herzog Family Fund for Breast Cancer Care
and Prevention supports a genetics specialist at the
UH Center for Breast Cancer Prevention who
has helped to identify more than 400 high-risk
breast cancer patients.