From chairs to fellowships, endowments provide permanent, annual support to University Hospitals. Endowed gifts are a wonderful way for individuals or a family to honor a particular physician and they support groundbreaking clinical trials, educational opportunities and the latest, cutting-edge treatments.
Newly created Endowed Positions
University Hospitals is grateful for the support from our generous donors. In 2020, eight new endowed positions were created for UH physicians in the clinical areas of anesthesiology, dermatology, neurology, otolaryngology, pediatrics, and pediatric cancer.
- Morris S. Dixon, Jr. MD Chair in Global Child Health, held by Michael S. Dell, MD
- Henri Pell Junod, Jr. Chair in Dermatology, held by Kevin Cooper, MD
- Pamela Butler Keefe and Stephen T. Keefe Chair of Excellence in Academic Pediatrics
- Ernie and Patti Novak Distinguished Chair in Health Care Leadership, held by Daniel I. Simon, MD
- Richard W. & Patricia R. Pogue Leadership Chair in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, held by Nicole Maronian, MD
- A. William and Joanne Reynolds Chair in Brain Health
- Kimberly Vehovec Chair in Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer, held by Jennifer M. Giesel, PhD
- George H. Young and Junie Hoang Chair in Anesthesiology, held by Marc J. Popovich, MD
Creating an Endowment
There are several ways to establish an endowment:
- Chairs - provide a recurring income stream for leading-edge research and innovative practices;
- Master Clinician - recognizes our leading physician-scientists;
- Endowed Directors - recognizes medical professionals in leadership positions;
- Fellowships - provide assistance in our ongoing efforts to recruit young, highly talented physicians to UH;
- Funds in support of a particular area of UH.
Establishing an endowment supports UH during a donor’s lifetime and for generations to come, ensuring your generosity will forever be a guiding force in our success. To establish an endowment fund, please contact the Director of Gift Planning, Patricia Fries, at 216-844-0430 or patricia.fries@UHhospitals.org.