2016 Ride the Rainbow History
Ride the Rainbow is a signature event and all proceeds benefit Rainbow Babies & Children’s Foundation. Held for the first time in November 2004, this biennial event celebrates the achievements of University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and serves as its largest fundraising event. Contributions to Ride the Rainbow support the hospital’s mission: To Heal. To Teach. To Discover.
- In 2014, 1,100 generous friends and benefactors gathered to raise a record $1.4 million for UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital at Ride the Rainbow Superheroes Unite at the Cleveland Convention Center.
- In 2012, more than 1,000 guests attended Ride the Rainbow in the Cleveland Jet Center at Cuyahoga County Airport in Richmond Heights, and $1.13 million was raised for UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
- In 2010, Ride the Rainbow had 1,000 guests at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel, and we raised over $830,000 for UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
- In 2008, Ride the Rainbow had a crowd of 1,200 in attendance at Public Hall and we raised over $850,000 for UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
- In 2006, Ride the Rainbow welcomed nearly 1,200 guests to the Great Lake Science Center and raised nearly $800,000 for UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital. These proceeds benefited three of UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital’s areas of excellence: Neonatology, the Children’s Cancer Center, and the Children’s Heart Center.
- In 2004, Ride the Rainbow hosted nearly 750 people at Healthspace Cleveland. This first-year event raised nearly $400,000, with proceeds benefiting the newly formed Center for the Survivors of Childhood Cancer at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
Year after year, this event has been increasingly successful thanks to our many generous contributors. Please join us on April 16, 2016.